Monday, January 9, 2012

Wildfire



"....Under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire."
 Isaiah 10:16

      I have a fire inside of me. A brilliant and all consuming flame that God has ignited with a powerful purpose that I am not capable of comprehending. This desire has burned a pathway through my spiritual existence and as a result, my insignificant past desires are left in a smoldering pile of ashes. A fire has the capability of destroying, cleansing, scarring, and illuminating. When a spark lays wake in a dry forrest, all of the elements of God's creation cannot stand arm against it. Water cannot quench it. The wind only feeds it. Nothing on this earth has the capability to consume a wildfire once the passion of it's flames meets the determination of it's wrath. 
     God has used my dry and undeserving heart to ignite a magnificent and quietly raging wildfire that is consuming me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I wake up every morning with a burning passion to reach what the Lord has destined this fire to reach. I am a walking ember focused on the flame. I am focused on the journey. I am focused on a people that Jesus loves, but the world has written off. 
     Fire is raging, fire is a consuming element, but you never see fire without seeing....light. A fire has all of the hard capability to consume everything in it's path, but it also has the soft quality of lighting even the blackest of darknesses. No matter where you are in the dark, you know if there is a flame nearby because of the light. When it is dark, you follow the light, right? 
     When I fell head first into this beautiful journey, I was convinced that I would make no difference in the country of China. I pleaded with God, and the devil managed to convince me for the brevity of a moment that I was wasting my time. How could someone as insignificant as me change a person? A family? A whole country? It was me against 1.3 billion people. The world's largest mission field. No other country on earth has as many people in it as the country of China does, and God wanted me there? I actually doubted God. Satan had me convinced that I was nothing, and it was as if God spoke to me at that moment and said, "You are nothing, but I am everything." 
     The fire. No earthly elements can subdue a wildfire, and no demonic element that satan may possess has the ability to touch, let alone quench the spiritual wildfire that God has placed inside of me. Satan may hit me with the raging waters of a thousand storms, but he will never touch the fire. He can toss the winds my way, but he will only stoke the fire. Satan may try his best to put out the fire with the elements, but he can never touch me because my God owns the elements. My God owns the raging waters of a thousand storms. My God owns the tossing winds. So, "get thee behind me, satan" because you only have what God gives you.
     In that moment God showed me that while I have nothing to give to the people of China, He has everything to give. China is blanketed in a blinding darkness, and all they need is just one small flame of light to lead them to The Light. Through my desires, I am just a person capable of absolutely nothing. But through the passion of Jesus Christ, I am a wildfire destined to consume the dark country of China.
      No matter where you are in the dark, you know if there is a flame nearby because of the light. When it is dark, you follow the light. Every soul in China is searching for a spark to rescue them from the darkness. The world my have turned their back on them, but Jesus hasn't. I don't know why God would ever choose to send someone as incapable as me, but I cannot ignore this fire. I am destined to be that small light, and through Jesus Christ, I will be the all consuming wildfire that reaches a nation engulfed in darkness.

"The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out." Leviticus 6:13

No comments:

Post a Comment