Thursday, January 12, 2012

Perfect Love


"Oh love of God, how rich and pure. How measureless and strong. It shall forevermore endure, the saints and angel's song"

     When I think about how much the Lord has richly blessed me, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that He would reach out His hand for someone like me. I am nothing and I have nothing to offer an almighty God that has the capability to move mountains with a single word if He wants to. A God so passionate for sinners that He sent His Son to walk the earth as a teacher destined to reach a lost and dying world. A God so passionate, that He would put the sin of the world on the shoulders of His only Son as He brutally died for a world that has no interest in serving Him. What a Savior. He knew that we would curse Him, take His name in vain, begrudgingly sit on a church pew to endure learning about Him, and refuse to tell the world about what He did for them. Yet His arm is still stretched out to us. He is still so in love with us even when we go days without even thinking about Him. Oh, what love.
     I never really appreciated this love until I was consumed with His will for my life. I feel terrible for admitting it, but Jesus was just a compartment of my life. I had school, work, family, friends, and then Christianity. I gave God a corner of my life, and it completely breaks my heart when I think about that now. He loves me so much that He gave His life for me, and I complained because I had to go to church every Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, and chapel every other day. I was so consumed with my wants and my needs. Selfishness radiated off of me, and it became my tool for skirting God's ultimate commandment.
     Someone once said that the will of God is the safest place you can be. That statement can be thought provoking, intriguing, or easily the most terrifying statement that you have ever read if you are facing the unknown. I never understood that statement until I found my passion in Jesus Christ. The moment I heeded to God's call for my life, I understood an inkling of what God feels for me. He showed me true love through a Heavenly Father's eyes. When I saw the hopeless people of China, I saw what God sees when He sees me. He loves me more than I could possibly fathom, and He was willing to do anything, including dying, to reach me. I do not love the people of China through my own personal ability. There is no way His will could ever be done through my minuscule capability of love. Rather, I love these people with the love of an Almighty God who lives in me and works in spite of me. Through His love, his people will be reached. 
     If you gain absolutely nothing from this blog post, I hope I can encourage you to gain this: You will never love Jesus fully, and you will not be capable of embracing His unchanging love until you are submitted completely and fully to Him. If Jesus is just a compartment of your life like He was in mine, then your life will have no direction, and going through the motions will become your daily routine. Submit to Him, and you will experience the most beautiful love that this world will never be able to comprehend. Love Him above anything and everything, and He will give you something that you will love more than yourself. Because of God's perfect love, I can love the people of China, and through His love I find myself immersed even deeper into this exhilarating, life-changing, purified passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment