Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Good things come to those who wait.


           I just want to stop and say how absolutely thankful I am that God is not “interested” in me, He is not “infatuated” with me, He LOVES me. I have made so many mistakes, and I spend all of my energy trying to please the people around me. I over analyze every relationship, every situation, and I struggle daily with just being accepted. But, I just want to praise His Holy Name that He loves me despite my flaws. I never have to worry that Jesus will not accept me, or that He will stop loving me because I’m not good enough.  I never have to worry that He will change His mind or that He will give up on me. He is the one thing in this life that never will, and without Him, I would have absolutely nothing. What a God!
            I also want to just thank Him for calling me to the mission field. I know that I talk about China and the people all of the time, and I’m sure that people wished I would just talk about something else for a change. But the truth is, you will talk about what you love. I love those people more than I love myself, and my heart beats in sync with the heart beat of the Chinese people. I wake up every morning just so incredibly thankful that God chose to send me there. I want to tell somebody, I want to proclaim it every where I go, and I want to shout it out that I get to serve the God of all creation by serving the beautiful people of China. Everyday that I spend here is another day that I am not at home, and God is teaching me to lay the things and the relationships of this world aside so that I can run to Him and be completely surrendered to His work.
            Someone once told me that good things come to those who wait. For years people have been telling me that my good thing is coming. For years I waited on a relationship. I always knew that I would fall in love one day, but I never knew that I would fall in love with a multitude of little Chinese faces that have no hope of knowing the Lord that created them. I can see now that God has been preparing me. He has broken me, He has molded me, and He has prepared me not to have a love for an individual, but a passion for a people. He has created me to love far beyond what I ever thought I was capable of, and through Him, I am a vessel designed to carry that love. His love.
            I know that this world will try to hold me back. Satan will try His best to discourage me, and I may stumble, but I will never fall. So the truth is, good things really do come to those who wait. I waited patiently on the Lord, and He gave me something so powerful that I just can’t keep it to myself. I just have to tell somebody that I’m going to China! I get to serve almighty God!  I get to surround myself with precious children and adults, and I get to tell them about Jesus! Nothing will ever compare to this feeling, and I will not be silent. You will talk about what you love, and I am so in love. I’m in love with China, and I’m in love with their Creator, and nothing on this earth can ever compare. Good things come to those who wait. I didn’t get a good thing. I got the BEST thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment